Homeowners Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Do you understand your homeowners policy?
Whether you're purchasing your first home, renting an apartment, or have owned your condo for many years, we have the right fit for your needs. The purpose of homeowners insurance helps protect your most important investments. Everyone's needs are different and home insurance policies can be so varied... and also confusing! That's why the Advisors at William Blount & Associates request a meeting with you prior to offering you a quote. We want to make sure that you have the right coverages for your individual risks. Plus, we want ensure all of your questions were answered.
What is Homeowners insurance?
A standard homeowners policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it from disasters. It also covers you for liability if you were legally responsibility for injuries or property damage caused to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets. Although maintenance related problems and general upkeep are the homeowners' responsibility, your home insurance would protect your home from theft, fire, property damage, liability losses, and more!
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or your belongings.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
Questions to ask your agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)